- For Pizza and Toppings
- Tava Naan - 3
- Mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup
- Roasted eggplant - 1
- Soy chunks - 4-5 nos
- Other toppings of your choice (onions, olives, pineapple, green peppers...)
- For Pizza Sauce
- Tomato sauce - 5 tspn or pureed tomato - 2
- Chopped tomato - 1
- Finely chopped capsicum - 1/4 nos
- minced garlic - 3
- Olive oil - 3 tspn
- Sombu (fennel) powder, Chilli powder - 1/4 tspn each
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tspn
- Basil - 1/4 tspn
- Salt to taste
Pizza provides nutrients depending on the toppings you add. Diet conscious people may want to reduce the cheese added to the pizza. It is always better to get skim milk cheese which is not only low in fat but is also a good source of calcium like other cheese varieties. Home made Pizza sauce provided with this recipe is also rich in Vitamin C.
- To make the pizza sauce, heat some olive oil in a pan & saute the minced garlic & chopped green pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce(blanch 2 tomatoes & peel the skin, dice it & puree it) & chopped tomatoes & other seasonings. Let the sauce condense.
- To make veggie meatballs, boil the soy chunks till tender. Drain the hot water, add cold water & squeeze out the excess water. Repeat the process 3 more times by adding cold water & squeezing the extra. Now, after the water is squeezed out, cut the soy chunks into pieces & saute it in a pan by adding some pizza sauce. This helps to infuse the flavor & taste from the sauce to the chunks.
- Spread the sauce on the naan. Add the desired toppings on top of it & spread the cheese over it.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees & bake the pizza for 7-8 minutes or till the cheese melts.
Make the naan thicker if you desire a pizza with a thick crust.